Getting Started or Expanding
Getting started with or expanding seafood alternative markets requires having a well-developed plan. The following steps and associated pages include key components to carefully consider and address in that plan:
- Defining Your Products, Customers and Price
- Meeting Business, Seafood Safety and Permit Requirements
- Identifying Ways to Finance Your Alternative Market
- Developing Ways to Promote Your Product
- Considering Tips for Alternative Marketing Success
Having a written business plan (even if not 'polished'), will help with designing a new and expanded business (see Business Elements). It also can be quite useful (and may be required) for seeking financial assistance and support.